Friday 7 February 2014

Author Interview - Jami M Brumfield on One Thousand Worlds

Jami M Brumfield is today's interviewed author on One Thousand Worlds. Jami first featured on this blog in January and you can read that post here.


Tell us about your latest book. 

Lone Wolf Rising is book one in the Winters series.  It is a young adult paranormal romantic urban fantasy that is often compared to other popular titles like "Twilight", only this story is about Rebecca (a spell bound witch/werewolf).  It is a coming of age urban fantasy that mixes in modern day challenges, spices it up with paranormal/supernatural elements, and sprinkles in the romance for a wonderful delight that will keep you entertained to the very end.



How many have you written?  

This is my debut novel.

What are you working on at the moment?  

I am currently finishing up book two in the series titled "Vampire Princess in Training" which is scheduled to be released in March or April of 2014.

What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?  

Coffee, good music, and an amazing support system made up of my husband, my friends and my two dogs.

How much impact does your childhood have on your writing?  

The answer to this question is a ton!  Literally.  My mother is a writer.  I grew up dreaming big (acting, singing, dancing, writing I tried and loved them all).  Writing, for me, is an escape and a challenge - two of my favorite things rolled into one.  

What was the greatest thing you learned at school?  

Rejection.  Kids can be the toughest critics I have ever met.  But facing those challenges at an early age made me stronger.  The other thing I learned in high school was how to blend in and become part of a group.  This is especially great in helping me create urban fantasy worlds that draw people into them because they are real with the fantasy hidden just below the surface.  

If you could meet any of your own characters, who would it be?  

Sundae Monroe may be a minor character in book one but she is the kind of character that you can't help but be drawn too.  She is damaged (to the extreme) but she tries to become a better person.  She also has a creep factor that makes her interesting enough to want to meet, if for no other reason then to see how your intuition is working and whether or not you could recognize the danger under her innocent personna. 

Do you have a favourite character among the ones you've invented?  

I can admit I am a little partial to all of them.  They have endearing qualities that make them likable but if I had to choose one, I think my favorite one to write was Gabriel.  Beneath his sarcastic butthead personna he is really a loyal, trustworthy, and honest character.  The question is if Rebecca will take the time to get under his facade and meet the real Gabe.  

What do you want to be when you grow up?  

I am a hypnotherapist and life coach.  I spend my days helping people remove obstacles in their lives and my nights creating obstacles to put in my character's lives to spice up the pages of my books.  It seems like a great blend.  

If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be?

To be honest I love my life.  If offered the chance to trade places I don't think I would really have anyone in particular I would like to become.  However, I wouldn't mind taking short trips back into the past and living a day in the life of someone from different eras in history.  Perhaps that is why I enjoy doing past life regression as a hypnotherapist because I help people go back to times in their past, relive moments in their lives, and learn the lessons needed to help them move forward in this life.

What do you think about when you are alone in your car?

The next scene I want to write about in my books.  I see the scenes play out in my head like a movie or tv series.  

What song best describes your work ethic?

"Work Hard, Play Harder" by Gretchen Wilson - only I don't wait until Friday to play.

Where you can buy Lone Wolf Rising:

Connect with Jami M Brumfield:
Twitter@JamiMBrumfield
Facebook:
GoodReads:
Book Trailer link on You tube

No comments:

Post a Comment